The RNOH Charity is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The RNOH Charity may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from January 2018.
How we collect
We obtain personal information when you use our website, make a donation, enquire about our activities, register with us, send or receive an email, ask a question or otherwise provide us with personal information.
We may analyse the personal information we collect for the purpose of creating the best relationship with you and so that we can contact you in the most appropriate way and with the most relevant information.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and title
- contact information including email address (this can also include place of work)
- demographic information such as postcode
- donation details
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- promoting the aims of the RNOH Charity
- internal record keeping
- providing you with information about fundraising and future events we think may be of interest to you, including third party events
- to thank you for your donations or other support
- to respond to you if you have made an enquiry
- we may use the information to keep you up to date with what is happening at the RNOH Charity via our fundraising newsletter, but we will always let you know how you can opt out of receiving this
- we may periodically send letters or emails about fundraising events which we think may interest you using the contact details you have provided
- improving our services
- sending promotional emails about RNOH-related information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- we may need to share your information with our service providers for the purposes described above
We will only contact you with marketing material by email if you have consented for us to do so.
If you would rather not receive marketing material from us, please let us know at any time by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we share your information with
We may need to provide your information to our suppliers who provide services on our behalf, to the extent necessary to enable you to receive those services.
If you make a payment or donation to us we will need to share your information with our payment processor.
We may also need to disclose your information if required to do so by law or as expressly permitted under data protection legislation.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We use a secure service when you make a payment through our website. Payments are collected by Shopify, which is Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard compliant. We suggest that you read their terms and conditions when using their service to make a payment as we are not responsible for data you share with them.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- on checkout, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you want to opt-in for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.